The UAE are keeping themselves ready if the IPL 2020 is eventually held here during a tentative window between late September and November this year.
According to sources if all goes well with the plans, not only the Indian cricketers will train in UAE, they will also stay put in UAE to play IPL 2020. Once the league season ends, selected Indian cricket team will fly directly for tour of Australia from Dubai.
Given Coronavirus protocols, matches in the UAE will be held in front of empty stadiums. “That’s not a problem. IPL is more made for TV and the gate receipts will not be as much even if the crowds come in,” a team owner was quoted as saying in the report.
The Middle East country suits BCCI as a venue. Stadiums in Dubai, Sharjah and Abu Dhabi are not far from each other and there is enough infrastructure available to accommodate players, officials and broadcast officials. IPL teams are expected to arrive in the UAE a month before the tournament starts.
“We need a month to prepare but our overseas players will be ready to play,” said a team owner.
IPL 2020 : BCCI’S big plan on IPL 2020 revealed
- As soon as T20 World Cup gets officially canceled BCCI will announce the IPL 2020 in UAE
- As per the big plan of BCCI, the top 30-35 Indian cricketers will train in Dubai for a couple of weeks.
- The camp for the Indian cricketers will be hosted from the 3rd week of August to the middle of September in Dubai.
- Once the camp is over, players instead of coming back to India will move in with their respective franchises in the same city
- If all goes well, IPL 2020 is likely to be hosted in UAE from September 26th to November 8th
- The team will depart for the tour of Australia directly from Dubai instead of coming back to India