Sunday, March 19, at 1:30 PM IST, India and Australia will play the second ODI of the three-match series. The game will take place at Visakhapatnam’s YS Raja Reddy Cricket Stadium. India is playing this match after beating Australia by five wickets in the first ODI.
India vs Australia, 2nd ODI, 2023: Preview
The Men in Blue won the first ODI on March 17 at Wankhede Stadium, which was a good sign. India and Australia will now go to Visakhapatnam for the second ODI. The IND vs. AUS 2nd ODI will start at 1:30 PM IST at the VDCA Cricket Stadium in Visakhapatnam.
Team India will try to win the three-match ODI series against Australia on Sunday, March 19, when regular captain Rohit Sharma is back in the squad. During this series, the visitors won’t have their normal skipper and, even more crucial, their best bowler in the world, Pat Cummins. Pat Cummins, the captain of Australia, chose to spend time with his family instead of coming to the current ODI series. Steve Smith has been put in charge while he is away.
Australia must win this game if they want to stay in the series. In the first ODI, they were outplayed and could only score 188 runs, even though there were still a lot of overs left. Even yet, the bowlers played great cricket, which made it hard for India to win in the short chase. With five wickets left, India won the match because of 75 runs from KL Rahul, 45 runs from Ravindra Jadeja, and some great bowling.
David Warner, who didn’t play in the first ODI, is said to be well enough to play in the second ODI. The batting order will shift, and Alex Carey, who missed the first game, is likely to return. Either Mitchell Marsh or Travis Head will be taken out of the lineup. Carey would beat Josh Inglis. We shall know who will play when the coin is flipped at 1 PM IST.
India and Australia have faced off against each other in 144 ODIs thus far. Australia has won 80 matches, while India has won 54. Of 65 ODIs played in India, both teams have won 30 matches. India has won three of the last five games, while Australia has won two.
Information about the 2nd ODI match between India and Australia
- Australia’s trip to India will happen in 2023
- India vs. Australia, 2nd ODI
- Date: Sunday, March 19, 2023
- Venue: VDCA Cricket Stadium, Visakhapatnam
- Time: 1:30 PM IST
India Vs Australia 2nd ODI Team and Likely Playing11
- IND Squad: Rohit Sharma (Captain), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya (vc), Washington Sundar, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, KL Rahul, Ishan Kishan, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Umran Malik, Shardul Thakur, Jaydev Unadkat
- India Playing 11: Shubman Gill, Rohit Sharma(c), Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, KL Rahul, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Mohammed Shami, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Siraj.
- AUS Squad: Steve Smith (Captain), David Warner, Travis Head, Marnus Labuschagne, Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Marsh, Marcus Stoinis, Cameron Green, Ashton Agar, Sean Abbott, Alex Carey, Josh Inglis, Mitchell Starc, Nathan Ellis, Adam Zampa.
- Australia Playing 11: Travis Head, David Warner, Steve Smith (c), Marnus Labuschagne, Marcus Stoinis, Glenn Maxwell, Alex Carey (wk), Cameron Green, Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa, and Sean Abbott make up the playing 11.
IND vs AUS 2nd ODI Pitch Report
South Africa and India just played a T20I match here. The ground was rather slow, which was good for the spinners. With an average of 6.04 runs per over in ODIs played here, the pitch is considered good for batters. This means the hitters will likely hit hard in the next game, especially against the fast bowlers.
The average score in the first inning at this stadium is 241, and the average score in the second inning is 211. Usually good for batting and helps spinners, but with rain in the forecast, the ball may slip for pacers if it rains.
India vs. Australia 2nd ODI weather report for Vishakhapatnam
Accuweather says that the temperature in Vishakhapatnam during the day would be around 26 degrees Celsius. It will generally be cloudy, with rain and a thunderstorm in the morning. In the afternoon, there will be a few showers here and there. Evening temperatures are predicted to be around 24 degrees Celsius, and a thunderstorm may occur.
Match Toss Prediction for IND vs. AUS
More ODIs have been won here by teams that batted second than by teams that batted first, and both teams in Sunday’s ODI will want to field first.
India vs Australia: What Will Happen?
The first ODI on Friday was fun to watch, and Sunday’s game could be just as good. India went home safely in Mumbai because they had more expertise with the bat and the ball in such conditions. But there were clues that Australia may mess up the rest of the series if Mitchell Marsh and Mitchell Starc get going again with the bat and the ball. India will be stronger with Rohit Sharma on the team, and India will win again on Sunday.
Where Can I Watch the Australia-India Tour of 2023?
Star Sports Networks has the rights to broadcast and webcast the home series. The 2nd ODI between India and Australia will be shown live on Star Sports 1, Star Sports 3, and the networks’ HD versions. The Australia of India 2023 may be watched live using the Disney+Hotstar and JioCinema App.