Witness the intriguing highlights of IND vs NED CWC 2023. The hosts enter into the semi-finals of this tournament with a roaring victory in the 45th match. India thrashed the Netherlands by 160 runs with the brilliant performance of their batsmen.
Under the leadership of Rohit Sharma, the hosts are the only unbeaten side of this tournament to enter the semis.
Rohit Sharma and his team have made the conclusive league match of this tournament much more special on the occasion of Diwali 2023.
The men in blue continue their winning streak of 9 matches, by setting a new record. This is a remarkable achievement by Rohit Sharma and his team.
Additionally, the Indian cricket team strives to achieve the longest World Cup winning streak with this edition.
Previously, the Indian cricket team under Sourav Ganguly’s captaincy achieved 8 wins sequentially in World Cup 2003. Rohit Sharma exhibits brilliancy as an Indian skipper by surpassing the lifetime record of Sourav Ganguly’s captaincy.
The Netherlands’ defeat against India granted a secure entry for Bangladesh into the Champions Trophy 2025.
The Indian batsmen gave their best performance in this World Cup, which was the best celebration moment during Diwali for all fans.
Ultimately, the IND vs NED CWC 2023 match was a perfect Diwali gift for all Indian fans on behalf of the men in blue.
IND vs NED CWC 2023 intriguing Highlights: The one-sided contest
The Indian skipper Rohit Sharma decided to bat first after winning the toss at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru.
Rohit Sharma’s different decision appeared to exhibit a sense of superiority on a chasing ground. The Indian skipper wanted to experiment on this pitch by providing tough challenges to the bowlers ahead of the semi-finals.
Ultimately, the Indian bowlers were successful by restricting the Netherlands to a low score on a chasing pitch.
Both the teams continued with their same playing XI in contrast to their previous tournament match.
India Batting: The Middle Order’s explosion against the Dutch
The Indian openers started off in an explosive way with the bat during the first innings. Shubman Gill and Rohit Sharma’s explosive batting steered India to a powerplay score of 94-0 in 10 overs.
The 100-run opening partnership between Rohit Sharma and Shubman Gill laid a strong basement for the for the upcoming batsmen to make a high score.
Shubman Gill was dismissed by Van Meekeren after scoring an instantaneous 51 runs from just 32 balls (including 3 fours and 4 sixes). Later, Rohit Sharma continued by scoring a brilliant 61 runs from 54 balls( including 8 fours and 2 sixes).
After Rohit Sharma’s dismissal, Virat Kohli approached with a different batting technique by scoring 51 runs from 56 balls ( including 5 fours and 1 six).
Van der Merwe’s crucial dismissal of Virat Kohli at 200-3 in 28.4 overs, secured the match in Netherlands command. Unfortunately, Virat Kohli couldn’t achieve his 50th ODI century in this match.
The half-centuries scored by the first three Indian batsmen sequentially nourished the enthusiasm of the middle-order batsmen.
Indian Middle Order Batting Performance:
Shreyas Iyer and KL Rahul eventually held a 208-run partnership from just 134 balls. This partnership not only made a terrific comeback but also completely counter-attacked the Netherlands’ bowling attack.
Shreyas Iyer scored his best ODI score and achieved his first century in the World Cup. Iyer’s unbeaten knock of 128 runs from 94 balls ( including 10 fours and 5 sixes) threatened Netherlands bowlers to a great extent.
KL Rahul joined the show along with Shreyas Iyer by additionally scoring the 5th fastest century of World Cup 2023.
KL Rahul’s monstrous performance of 102 runs from 64 balls (including 11 fours and 4 sixes), boosted India’s score to 410-4 in 50 overs.
Shreyas Iyer and KL Rahul’s destructive performance, scoring 126 runs in the last 10 overs, provided the perfect entertainment for all cricket fans this Diwali.
Netherlands Batting: India’s unusual bowling combination
Similarly, the Indian bowlers dominated the Dutch under the lights during the 2nd innings.
Sybrand Engelbrecht’s 45 runs from 80 balls ( including 4 fours) and Teja Nidamanuru’s 54 runs from 39 balls ( including 1 four and 6 sixes), could not help their team chase a mammoth total.
Here are the bowling figures of Indian bowlers against the Netherlands during the 2nd innings:
- Mohammed Shami: 41-0 in 6 overs
- Mohammed Siraj: 29-2 in 6 overs( includes 1 maiden over)
- Jasprit Bumrah: 33-2 in 9 overs( includes 1 maiden over)
- Ravindra Jadeja: 49-2 in 9 overs
- Kuldeep Yadav: 41-2 in 10 overs ( including 1 maiden over)
Astonishingly, the non-bowlers provided double entertainment for the audience to complete the league matches with the special moment. This included Virat Kohli and Indian skipper Rohit Sharma grabbing each wicket during the crucial stages.
Moreover, it was an entertaining moment for many fans during Diwali to watch Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli bowling in the limited-overs cricket after many years.
The non-regular bowlers during the IND vs NED CWC 2023 match contributed their best efforts as shown below:
- Rohit Sharma: 7-1 in 0.5 overs
- Virat Kohli: 13-1 in 3 overs
- Shubman Gill: 11-0 in 2 overs
- Suryakumar Yadav: 17-0 in 2 overs
Finally, the full-fledged performance of the hosts restricted the Netherlands to 250-10 in 47.5 overs.
Top 10 Fascinating Facts and stats from IND vs NED CWC 2023 match
Many mesmerizing facts and stats were glimpsed during the IND vs NED CWC 2023 match as shown below:
- India ranks in the top position by smashing 215 ODI sixes in a year. This is the highest number of ODI sixes smashed by any team in a single year.
- Shreyas Iyer and KL Rahul record the highest partnership for 4th wicket in World Cups.
- This is the 5th highest total by India in World Cups. Furthermore, this is the 2nd total in the World Cup 2023.
- KL Rahul becomes the 2nd highest scoring wicket-keeper for India in World Cups.
- This is the first time in the history of the World Cup that 5 batsmen scored more than 50 runs sequentially according to the batting order.
- Achieving 60 sixes in a year, Rohit Sharma ultimately surpasses the record of Ab De Villers ( 58 sixes in 2015). Additionally, Rohit Sharma records the most number of international sixes as a skipper in a calendar.
- Ravindra Jadeja holds the record of taking the most number of wickets (16 wickets) as an Indian spinner in World Cups.
- The Indian cricket team achieves the most number of ODI wins in a single year.
- Moreover, this is the longest winning streak for India in the World Cup. The men in blue need to win the semi-finals and finals to tally the longest wins of Australia in World Cups.
- At present, Virat Kohli is the leading run-scorer of this tournament with 594 runs in 9 innings.
Concluding Facts from IND vs NED CWC 2023 Match
Finally, the hosts are set to face the Black Caps again in this tournament during the crucial knockout stages on 15th November 2023.
Can Rohit Sharma’s captaincy achieve the longest ODI World Cup winning streak ever?
The responses to the above intriguing question will soon be revealed during the upcoming semi-finals and finals of this tournament.