West Indies have won the 3-match T20I series against Bangladesh after beating the hosts by 50 runs in the third match of the series at the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Dhaka on Saturday.
Skipper Shakib Al Hasan opted to bowl first after winning the toss. West Indies were bowled out for 190 in 19.2 overs in their innings.
Shakib Al Hasan, Mahmudullah and Mustafizur Rahman took three wickets each on behalf of their team.
In response, Bangladesh were bowled out for 140 in 17 overs. Liton Kumar Das scored 43 runs—the top scorer of the hosts. No other batsmen of Bangladesh can score above 20 except Abu Hider.
After the West Indies won the first T20I, the hosts hit back in the second, thanks to Shakib’s all-round performance, to level the series.
Bangladesh wrapped up the Test and the ODI series earlier.
Controversy erupted during the third T20I between Bangladesh and West Indies in Mirpur after Liton Das was caught but the umpire wrongly signalled it as a no ball.
West Indies 190 (Lewis 89, Mahmudullah 3-18, Mustafizur 3-33) beat Bangladesh 140 (Liton 43, Paul 5-15) by 50 runs
- Shane Watson win hearts for playing IPL final with injured knee
- Perfect Endgame: Mumbai Indians clinch 4th IPL Title
- IPL 2019 Final: CSK, MI fight for title #4
- IPL 2019 Qualifier 2: Delhi faces Chennai hurdle on road to maiden final
- IPL 2019 Match Preview: Eliminator – DC VS SRH