Sri Lanka close off a disappointing tour of New Zealand with a one-off T20 international at Auckland’s Eden Park
The match is scheduled for January 11 and the live action begins at 11:30 IST
- New Zealand won the two-test series 1-0, whitewashed Sri Lanka in the ODI series and are now hoping to avoid a single defeat to the tourists by winning the T20 international.
- Sri Lanka’s squad is unchanged from the one whitewashed in the ODI series, but New Zealand have made several changes.
- New Zealand have only one of their last ten T20 internationals, however – Sri Lanka have one win in their last five.
New Zealand won the toss in the first ODI and elected to bat first in the day-night game. That tactic proved a success and might be repeated.
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Tim Southee
- New Zealand sealed the one-day international series in style by winning the third match in Nelson for the clean sweep and they will now move to the shortest format of the game as they look to win the sole T20 match to finish the tour with Sri Lanka.
- They will be without James Neesham who was something of a revelation in the ODIs after making a successful return to the international stage and contributing well with both bat and ball so all-rounder Doug Bracewell comes into the squad and he could feature.
- They welcome back Mitchell Santner after a long absence through a serious knee injury and the spinner will likely start in a team that is somewhat under-strength as skipper Kane Williamson is rested so Tim Southee will captain the side but they still have plenty of quality in their ranks.
Captain: Lasith Malinga
- Sri Lanka come into the final match of their tour of New Zealand desperate to come away with something after losing both the Test and ODI series, so they will aim to win this sole T20 international match in Auckland.
- They named the same set of players for both the ODIs and the T20 match and will be skippered by Lasith Malinga for this match, and despite losing all three ODIs, they were competitive in the first two matches at least.
- They did make one or two changes in the ODIs but they will not make any radical changes to the side and they will hope that Dickwella, Kusal Perera, Gunathilaka and Thisara Perera can all fire at the same time to try and match the Blackcaps’ big hitting.
Probable Top Performers
Martin Guptill- New Zealand | Kusal Perera– Sri Lanka
TV – Star Sports Select 1 and Star Sports Select 1 HD
Live Streaming – CrickeX Live Streaming
Match Timings – 11.30 IST; 19:00 local