Adelaide Strikers welcome Melbourne Stars to the Adelaide Oval in the 2018/19 Big Bash League.
The match is scheduled for January 11 and the live action at 12.45 IST
- Defending champions Adelaide Strikers and Melbourne Stars are level on points after six games, having each won three so far.
- Both sides have been hit hard by international call-ups – Alex Carey, Billy Stanlake and Peter Siddle (all Adelaide Strikers) and Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Peter Handscomb and Adam Zampa (all Melbourne Stars) are in Australia’s ODI squad.
- Both teams go into this match having lost their most recent matches – having both been in resurgent form beforehand.
Bat Flip Prediction
Adelaide Strikers unsuccessfully elected to bat first in their most recent game, while Melbourne Stars have been generally been more successfully when they field first too.
Adelaide Strikers Predicted Playing 11
- Travis Head, Jake Weatherald, Colin Ingram, Matthew Short, Jon Wells, Cameron Valente, Michael Neser, Rashid Khan, Ben Laughlin, Liam O Connor, Nick Winter.
Melbourne Stars Predicted Playing 11
- Ben Dunk, Evan Gulbis, Nic Maddinson, Jonathan Merlo, Seb Gotch, Dwayne Bravo, Nick Larkin, Liam Plunkett, Scott Boland, Liam Bowe, Michael Beer
Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars Head to Head
Adelaide Strikers beat Melbourne Stars on their way to victory in last season’s competition – their third win in seven previous games against the Stars. Glenn Maxwell top-scored in a total of 151/6 for the Stars, smashing 60 from 39 balls, but half-centuries for Alex Carey (59*) and Travis Head (53) led Adelaide Strikers to an eight-wicket win with eight balls to spare. The Strikers three wins in this fixture have come in the last four games, with Melbourne’s only win since 2014 coming in January 2017.
Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars Prediction
Both sides have been hit hard by international call-ups, but Adelaide Strikers have retained a number of key bodies and can take advantage to bounce back to winning ways against the depleted Melbourne Stars.
Final Verdict: Back Adelaide Strikers to beat Melbourne Stars at 1.53 with Khel9