Australia vs India 2018-19: 1st ODI, Sydney – Match Prediction: Australia’s bid to end their poor run of form in the 50-over game continues when they welcome India back to Sydney.
- After sharing the T20 series, India claimed an historic test series win in Australia – beating the hosts 2-1 over four matches to retain the Border-Gavaskar Trophy.
- Australia have won just two of their last 21 completed one day internationals.
- That includes a 4-1 series defeat away to India the last time the two teams met in this format – Rohit Sharma scored 296 runs in the series, including 125 from 109 balls as India won the most recent ODI between the two nations at Nagpur.
In the T20 international series at the start of this tour, India were keen to field first when they won the toss and that pattern could continue into the ODI series
How to watch India vs Australia 1st ODI Live
The India vs Australia series will be telecast live on the Sony Sports Network. You can also stream the Ind vs Aus 1st ODI live on CrickeX Live Streaming
Australia Predicted Playing 11
- Aaron Finch, Alex Carey, Shaun Marsh, Peter Handscomb, Usman Khawaja, Marcus Stoinis, Glenn Maxwell, Peter Siddle, Adam Zampa, Jhye Richardson, Jason Behrendorff
India Predicted Playing 11
- Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli, Ambati Rayudu, MS Dhoni, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Khaleel Ahmed, Mohammed Shami
Australia vs India Head to Head
Australia have won 73 of their 128 previous ODIs against India, whereas India have won 45 and there have been ten no results. The most recent series between the two was in India, however, and the hosts won 4-1 over five games.
Rohit Sharma scored 296 runs in the series and Kuldeep Yadav took seven wickets, whereas Aaron Finch posted 250 runs and Nathan Coulter-Nile claimed ten dismissals. David Warner also scored a century, in Australia’s lone 21-run win in the fourth game, but Sharma’s 125 from 109 balls saw India chase 243 for the loss of just three wickets – with 7.1 overs remaining – to win the final game and completed the 4-1 series win.
Australia vs India Prediction
Australia are in poor form in the ODI game – and, indeed, in general – and even their revamped squad might struggle against an Indian team who have found a relatively settled line-up, and boast some seriously in-form batsman in Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli.
Final Verdict: Back India to beat Australia at 1.62 with Khel9